Last month, Crisil Ratings upgraded the Rs 4,054 crore worth of bank facilities of Suzlon Energy and removed ‘rating watch with developing implications.’
“The rating upgrade factors in sharp reduction in debt (paying off the entire term debt) done from the proceeds of a recent QIP, ” the agency had noted.
Profit warnings to hit S&P 500 as high rates pinch consumers in US
Even ahead of that the stock had been rallying on the promise of a de-leveraged balance sheet, a strong order-book and a favourable outlook for the wind energy sector following regulatory changes. The stock has delivered a return of 225% in the last six months and closed Tuesday’s session at Rs 26.45.
Blue Star Q3 Results: Profit jumps 71.9% to Rs 100.39 crore, carried forward order book at Rs 6,038.53 crore Dynacons bags order for project of high-performance digital workplace solution from BHEL Boost to the rail manufacturing sector! Titagarh Rail forms JV with Amber group to build railway components in India and Italy Diversifying India’s critical mineral sourcing for a stable future
Analysts at ICICI Securities pointed out the company reported its first adjusted profit after tax (PAT) of Rs 170 crore in FY23 after FY10, excluding FY17. “We expect revenues to grow at a compounded 37% to around Rs 11,200 crore over FY23-25, analysts at the brokerage wrote. They estimate net profits at Rs 1,100 crore in FY25.
Post a restructuring of the debt, the company’s gross debt stood at Rs 1,806 crore in June. In August a Qualified institutional placement (QIP) of shares for Rs 2,000 crore helped the company repay Rs 1,500 crore of borrowings.
Debt levels have thus come down from Rs 11,552 crore in FY19 to Rs 1,937 crore in FY 23. The company’s net worth turned positive after nine years. Crisil had observed the fund-based borrowings are also expected to remain nominal because of healthy cash flow generation from the O&M (operation and maintenance) services business and no material debt funded capex plans.
Regulatory changes in the sector are expected to facilitate capacity addition.
“India has amended the wind energy policy, which adversely impacted capacity addition between FY17-FY23. It has discontinued with reverse e-auctions, introduced wind-specific RPOs (renewable purchase obligation), and its plans to auction 10GW per annum. Also, the repowering policy is under works,” analysts at ICICI Securities wrote.
The company’s consolidated order book stands at 1.6 gigawatts. Of this, the mix is 55% from the 3-MW turbine and 45% from the 2-MW turbine. From an installed base perspective, the company has a capacity of 3-4 GW from a mix of its 2-MW and 3-MW turbines.
The company has won major orders every month in the last couple of months, including a 31.5 MW wind power project for Integrum Energy Infrastructure and an order for 29.4 MW of wind capacity which is part of a 100 MW wind-solar project of BrightNight.
Analysts at JM Financial noted Suzlon has a leading market share 33% and higher depth of manufacturing (4.5GW). They feel the company is well-placed to grow its order book. Moreover, they point out the O&M services piece is profitable and that the company’s technology is superior, with 3MW sets under testing. They expect the order book to grow to 2GW by March 2026.
Also Read
Nifty to be positively biased above 19800; IT, Pharma, Automobiles looks positive
The company has cut back on costs in the last two to three years which helped the turbine business to achieve an Ebitda of Rs 48 crore in FY23. Additionally, the company has opted for orders with better margins and a receivable profile as also a pass- through for cost escalation, Crisil said. The agency estimates the company could achieve a consolidated Ebitda of above Rs 750 crore in FY24.
An email sent to company on the subject did not elicit any response.
Suzlon said in its Q1FY24 investor presentation a stronger balance sheet brings the ability to meaningfully participate in growth amid ongoing energy transition. “Our priority going forward is to pursue quality orders with a higher value and better margins. Our focus remains on executing and building our order book,” said JP Chalasani, group CEO at Suzlon Energy in on the analysts call.
The ministry of new and renewable energy has also announced a renewable energy project bidding trajectory of 50 gigawatt per annum, which includes 10 gigawatts of wind from FY24 to FY28. Suzlon is well positioned to capture the market opportunity from energy transition, the company said.
A senior executive at a consulting firm said that earlier lot of bids were happening separately for wind and solar energy. “But today utilities are asking for round the clock power, want lower costs but are technology agnostic. Solar and wind are complemented each other hence Suzlon has gained from this demand,” he said.
He said demand is also increasing from commercial and industrial (C&I) segment for captive power and legacy companies in the segment such as Suzlon, Siemens Gamesa and Vestas are gaining from the trend.
“Demand has increased but supply is limited. Companies are able to tap the demand. That’s why orders have improved.,” he said.
In 2019, Union Bank classified Suzlon Energy’s loan account as non performing asset or NPA. The company went in for debt restructuring in 2020, when its lenders took a haircut of 62% for the Rs 13,800 crore it owed to SBI-led consortium of 18 banks. In 2022, the SBI-led consortium sold loans worth Rs 8,000 core to Rural Electrification Corp (REC) and Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA).
Related Posts
Nintendo won't be handing out larger 64GB Switch cartridges to external developers until at least 2019, according to a new report from The Wall Street Journal. Come from South African Online Casinos
As it stands, the biggest Switch cartridges can hold 32GB of data, so quite a bit less than the 50GB capacity of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One's Blu-ray discs.
The WSJ explains that Nintendo had initially planned to make the 64GB carts available during the second half of 2018, but has been forced to move that date due to technical issues.
It's a delay that will no doubt disappoint devs who've been waiting to bring chunkier games to the handheld hybrid, as right now bigger physical releases often require additional downloads.
Of course, the Switch's internal memo…
John Madden, the Super Bowl-winning coach turned turned NFL broadcaster and face of a video game franchise, is getting his own biopic movie. Writer and director David O. Russell has put the project together and cast Nicolas Cage to headline the film, which will be called Madden.
“Nicolas Cage, one of our greatest and most original actors, will portray the best of the American spirit of originality, fun, and determination in which anything is possible as beloved national legend John Madden,” said Russell in a statement to Deadline. “Together with the ferocious style, focus, and inspired individualism of Al Davis, owner of the underdog Oakland Raiders, the feature will be about the joy, humanity and genius that was John Madden in a wildly inventive, cool world of the 1970s.”
Madden only had a relatively short stint in the NFL as the Raiders’ head coach from 1969 to 1978, which included seven division titles and a Super Bowl win. If the Madden movie is confined to the ’70s,…
A new update for GTA Online this week introduced a quality-of-life feature that fans have been requesting for years, but it’s locked behind a paywall and some are worried about what this might mean for 2025’s Grand Theft Auto VI.
The Bottom Dollar Bounties update introduced a Vinewood Club App–exclusive to GTA+ subscribers–that players can access on the home screen of their in-game phone. The app allows players to buy ammo and cars and collect cash without needing to run around Los Santos. It’s a welcome feature that people have wanted for years, but some are disappointed that it’s only available for GTA+ subscribers.
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's …
Microsoft has announced that it will be making three games free this weekend for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers. Valkyria Revolution, PGA Tour 2K21, and Riders Republic can be downloaded and played for free starting today, February 10 at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET until Sunday, February 13 at 11:59 PM PT / 2:59 PM ET.
In addition to this free-to-play period, Microsoft is also offering all three at discounted rates until February 21 so that players can continue their progress in titles they enjoyed during the event.
Valkyria Revolution
- Standard Edition – $6 (
$30)
PGA Tour 2K21
- Standard Edition – $15 (
$60) - Baller Pack – $16 (
$25)
Riders Republic
- Standard Edition – $30 (
$60) - Deluxe Edition – $40 (
$80) - Gold Edition – $50 (
$100…
AMC Theaters, where heartbreak feels good, has announced a new ticket-pricing initiative based on seat location. In a statement posted to the chain’s official website, the Sightline program will both offer a higher price for more premium locations in the theater, and lower prices in the front row.
“Sightline at AMC more closely aligns AMC’s seat pricing approach to that of many other entertainment venues, offering experienced-based pricing and another way for moviegoers to find value at the movies,” said Eliot Hamlisch, executive VP and CMO at AMC Theatres. “While every seat at AMC delivers an amazing moviegoing experience, we know there are some moviegoers who prioritize their specific seat and others who prioritize value moviegoing. Sightline at AMC accommodates both sentiments to help ensure that our guests have more control over their experience, so that every trip to an AMC is a great one.”
Sightline has reportedly already been tested i…
Actor Martin Freeman has spoken about returning to the role of CIA agent Everett K. Ross for the upcoming Marvel sequel Black Panther 2, and about making the movie without star Chadwick Boseman, who tragically died last year.
Speaking to Collider, Freeman revealed that the script for Black Panther 2 had been completed prior to Boseman’s death from cancer last August. “Just before Chadwick died, if my memory serves correctly, the script had gone in,” he said. “They had the script and they were working on the script, and then Chadwick died, and [I] sort of immediately thought, ‘Oh, okay, I could see a world where there’s no Black Panther then, because how can you do a Black Panther without Black Panther?'”
Freeman went on to state that while he knew he was still in the movie, he was unsure about what direction it will now take without Boseman playing T’Challa. “I’m going to be speaking to [director] Ryan Coogler soon about what shape that’s going to look like,” he said . “…
GameStop is running a buy one, get one free sale on collectibles this week, allowing you to save big on a wide variety of pop culture collectibles. Like previous sales, you can add two items to your basket and get the cheapest collectible for free. GameStop Pro members get an extra 5% discount, and overall, there are some pretty great items to grab here. Just in case the item you’re after isn’t available, it is worth phoning up your local GameStop to see if it is in stock there, so that you don’t miss out Come from Sports betting site VPbet . Especially since many of the eligible items aren’t available for shipping. So what is available online that’s worth grabbing?
…
The summers have just started but the heat is already quite unbearable in many parts of the country. As a result, the demand for air conditioners is on the rise. Even stocks of companies manufacturing air conditioners are in demand. But would you rate them as cool options to buy this Summer? Here is how these stocks fared in March and FY24.
Shares of Sharp India gained the most in March compared to the other six companies in the same field. Its stock was up 9%, followed by Amber Enterprises at 2%, and Voltas at 1.7% in the same period.
The stock of Voltas was stuck in the upper circuit on April 08 after it reported highest-ever sales in FY24. The company sold over 2 million units of air conditioners in the aforementioned period. However, shares of Voltas wiped out more than 35% in FY23. Similarly, Sharp India, Hitachi, and Amber Enterprises have fallen 14.6%, 46%, and 50% in FY23.
Market rally leads to higher regulatory fees for stock exchan…
JNK India IPO, an issue of Rs 650 crore, will close on April 25. As of April 24, the company’s issue has been subscribed 1.05 times its offering. JNK India opened its IPO for bidding on April 23, with a price band of Rs 395 to Rs 415 per equity share.
It offers 7.6 million fresh shares of the company, while it has an offer for sale of 8.4 million shares. A retail bidder needs to bid for a minimum of 36 shares amounting to Rs 14,940. While there are different lot sizes for HNIs and NIIs.
Expectations are that the allotment of shares will be finalised on April 26, with listing to take place on April 30. Also, in the grey market, JNK India’s shares were fetching a premium of 6% to its issue price of Rs 415.
Market rally leads to higher regulatory fees for stock exchanges Govt aiming to fully automate customs processes by April 2026 Ceigall India allotment to be finalised on August 6; Here are 8 things to know ahead of listing Ceigal…
The Indian Railway stocks surged high after Ashwini Vaishnaw was reappointed as the Railway Minister in Modi 3.0 Cabinet.
RailTel Corporation of India advanced 9% to an intra-day high of Rs 418.70 while Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Company (IRCTC) rose 6% to the day’s high of Rs 1,036. Similarly, stocks of Titagarh Rail Systems rose by 2.5% to its intra-day high of Rs 1,377. Shares of Rail Vikas Nigam, better known as RVNL, inched up 3.8% to the day’s high of Rs 388. Come from Sports betting site VPbet
Other railway stocks also saw a similar rally IRCON International surged 6.5%, BEML 4.3%, BHEL 3.8%, Container Corporation of India 3.7%, and BEL 2.5% on June 11.
Stocks To Watch: Maruti Suzuki India, GMR Airports Infra, Brightcom Group, Hindustan Zinc, Adani Enterprises, Kolte-Patil Developers US grocery giant Hy-Vee expands in India with new Bengalu…